Employment Law: The Essentials
Employment Law workshop – Practical Application – 2-day workshop
Dates: To be advised
Location: To be advised
Course Fee per delegate: £375 plus VAT
The purpose of the course:
This two-day workshop provides businesses with the background awareness of up-to-date key changes of employment legislation, as well as how to apply employment legislation practically in an HR role to ensure businesses are compliant.
Benefits for the organisation:
Compliance with legislation ensures that organisations avoid expensive and disruptive disputes with employees. Delegates will be more confident and professional in dealing with employment issues and know when and where to seek professional advice.
Who is the course for?
Anyone in a people management role, including owners of small businesses who need to ensure compliance and a practical application with current legislation.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of employment legislation – recent changes and impact
- Case studies
- Contracts of employment
- Equality and diversity
- Managing sickness
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Company rules
- Time off - maternity, paternity, parental & dependents
- Resignation, fair, unfair and constructive dismissal
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how employment law has an impact on your business
- Describe what an up-to-date contract of employment should include.
- Manage sickness and time off
- Understand disciplinary and grievance processes
- Know what policies and procedures to have; understand their implications and how to apply them.